Welcome to the Homeschooling Curriculum Guide - pointing YOU in the right direction!
This website is designed to act as an Information guide on home education - a ONE STOP Information centre to answer all your questions on homeschooling. (and if I do not answer them directly, you will be pointed in the right direction to look for answers)
We will help you :
- if you are Considering Home Education - in need of research and statistics, the pros and cons, a new definition of education, understanding reasons for homeschooling
- know How to start Home Education - steps on what to do and not to do, how to relax, recommended reading, curriculum choices and options, mistakes made
- understand Child Development Phases - from preschoolers, foundation, intermediate to high school phase, know what to focus on when, primary goals for each phase, ideas and concepts
- understand Home Education in South Africa - what does the law state, registration, homeschooling in SA is growing, curriculum providers, support groups, qualification options
- understand the Organisation, Administration and Socialization topics in homeshooling - how to organise your time, space and stuff, what records to keep, how home education is the hope for socialization in society
- understand how to continuously improve your homeschool by following the Homeschool Curriculum Guide's unique 7 step process.
- understand how you can compile your own curriculum (called eclectic homeschooling) by seeing our Personal eclectic curriculum in following the 7 Step process.
- A view on the ministry of homeschooling, where the discipleship of your children is a primary goal in your homeschooling journey