Homeschooling is a definite growing alternative to provide your children with a solid education including academics. I say this to highlight the fact that educating your children can imply a great many things including teaching your children manners, life skills and character development as well as academic skills.
No education is neutral – there is always an agenda, as there should be. Have you ever asked yourself what the agenda of the schooling system is ? Homeschooling is growing all over the world. If you are just considering homeschooling, take time to do these first 10 steps to help your research :
Buy the Homeschooling Guide on Considering Home Education for more complete information
1. Consider your reasons …..is it for philosophical, academic, religious, social or other specific reasons. Your reason will determine your Vision which will determine your success as explained in the 7-Step process to improve your homeschool.
2. Research the law of your country regarding homeschooling eg. South Africa.
3. Research, think, read and think again – For excellent scientific research conducted visit my Research and Statistics page, or visit a complete list of Pros of Cons. To help you make the paradigm shift read my Recommended Reading page.
Some informative websites include :
The Old Schoolhouse (TOS) magazine sharing lots of articles for FREE and their very high quality digital magazine available at The Old Schoolhouse(TM) Magazine Digital Edition
Home school How to articles – articles by an experienced mom of 4.
4. Get connected with people who homeschool
5. Think through some factors in making the decision i.t.o. the time commitment, it will require some personal sacrifice, household organization, and agreement between husband and wife.
6. Determine in which phase you are with your
children. This will determine what to focus on when. Read more about Child Development phases
7. Start a diary to note what you and your children are already doing.
8. Pray and ask for wisdom, guidance and peace. “The Lord is your Shepherd to lead, guide and care for you” Ps23:1.
9. Know you are not alone – connect with somebody
10. Make the decision to homeschool. Now read on to understand How to start
Buy the Homeschooling Guide on How to start Home Education for more information